Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Nothing In Particular.

Ugh, almost 2 weeks since I've posted anything. So what's been going on? Well, we came home from a cookout at my parents last night to find Fuzzy (our goldfish), aka "the Pig", was dead. We've had him almost 5 years, which I reckon is pretty good for a 37 cent goldfish. Still, we've had him almost as long as we've been married, so it's still sad. I buried him this morning in one of our flower gardens.

So what else? My knee is swollen up like a tennis ball. I woke up Sunday morning in pain (I have a vague memory of me in my dream that night having knee pain). As the day progressed, it got bigger and bigger. But it has seemed to settle on being as big as a tennis ball, very very painful to the touch (and movement), and hot to the touch as well. I spent all yesterday morning, and part of the afternoon, at patient first having x-rays and stuff. The x-rays didn't show anything helpful, so they took some blood (ugh!) and I'm waiting to here the results. Meanwhile, I'm supposed to stay off my feet as much as possibly, and I have too use crutches when I walk. Which I'm trying to limit, because not only are crutches annoying, but walking is intenesly painful on my knee. So we'll see what happens.

But all of this crutch business has reminded me of a quote from Rev. Sloan Coffin that I always liked (btw, this may not be word for word accurate as I am quoting from memory, so just deal with it):

"It has been claimed that religion is a crutch. Well, where did you get the idea that you don't limp?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home