Monday, May 09, 2005

too long...

So it's been a while since I've posted anything. Slacker? You bet. So what have I been up to? Last week the wife and I ran down to Buxton NC (on the outer banks, near Hatteras Island) for a few days. A woman my wife works with owns a house on Pamlico Sound down there and let us use it for a few days. Awesome. Nothing but quality time with the woman I love. We got to spend some time walking on the beach, sitting on the beach, going to small little art galleries, reading...all kinds of good stuff. Plus we were near where Blackbeard the Pirate roamed. I got a Piratey T-Shirt, and a car air freshener that looks like the Jolly Roger pirate symbol. I am sooooooooo cool. (Speaking of the Jolly Roger, that's the name of a little place on Ocracoke Island that has the best hush puppies in the world, if you care.) We came back Thursday because....

....my baby sister was graduating from college this past weekend. CONGRATULATIONS TERRY!!!! We went up on Friday for a cookout with her, her boyfriend, and his family. She won an award ("it's a major award!") for her community service leadership with COAR (Community Outreach and Resources) and Habitat for Humanity, among other things. I'm so proud of her. Then Saturday was graduation. They called all the students by name up to cross the podium and get there diploma. All of the students. That took a while, but it was still cool. I didn't think they did that anymore. When I graduated, they just had all of us in the same college (College of Humanities and Sciences in my case) stand. Then they said congratulations, you are graduated. No names, and no diplomas (we got those later). But it's cool to see your baby sister walk across the stage and get here diploma. Way to go, sis. Big Brother is proud.

So that's what I've been up to. Oh, and I'm sick. Yuck. Bad cold/flu thingy. Didn't make it to church yesterday (we were supposed to be recognized as new members during the service too) because I was sick. Thought I was doing better today, went in to work (Blue Ridge Mtn. Sports), but that was not a good move. Came home a little early and have already told them that I won't be in tomorrow. Being sick sucks. Thankfully I can do a lot of my youth director stuff from home.

So that's it. I know it's what you huddled masses were waiting for -- an update on this ubercool guy's life.

Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home