Sunday, November 20, 2005

I am bad at names...

Ok, so I was way off on his name. It's Brandon. We met for lunch yesterday. Earlier that morning he had managed to get a job doing some windows and worked hard to earn some money. Well, he also had found out that his old job (forklift operator) was available for him back in New Orleans if he could scrape together the money to get back down their. He had figured out he needed about $40 or $50 more to have enough money to drive back down. So after we finished eating, I went around Sbaro and to all the tables that had people with brown shoulder bags (ys issued) and the little nametag thingys and did my own bit of panhandleing. Managed to come up with $48. When I gave it to him, his eyes lit up and he adked if that was for real and where I got the money. I told him I worked my metafiz-magic. No, that's not what i said because if I had said that, he would have thought I was an idiot. I just told him that I was here with a bunch of youth workers and asked them for some money to help him out. He then said, "Oh man, I gotta go pack!" We shook hands, exchanged e-mail addresses, and he went on to pack and then head back home. It's always nice to be able to go back home.

On another note, I met Tree, aka Manofredearth, (from the ys discussion boards) and his wife at the late night theology forum. We (me, Tree, his wife, and my friend Lisa) went out afterwards and talked theology and philosophy. Very nice. But we stayed out too late. I'm tired. But coffee is a good gift from God.

After the convention I'll acutally reflect on some stuff in depth, but for now you'll just have to wait. Patience is a virtue.

later,
metafiz

Oh yeah, I also got to play a kickin' game of 9-Square. Like 4-Square, only more so. Sweet.

2 Comments:

Blogger mistic_mommy said...

that is why you looked so farmilar when we were finally introduced. I was at Sbaro with nick and johny b. and you came up and asked us for money. glad to know he got enough to get back to NO I love that city. let me know if you hear from him I would like to know how he is doing. he and his family are deffinatly in my prayers.

10:07 PM, November 25, 2005  
Blogger Mel said...

I thought of you Lisa as I read this... awesome story Metafiz, I wish I had known what was going on at that point.

4:09 PM, November 27, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home